elections

REFERENDUMS & CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS

Referendum — Highlander Newspaper Reformation

Ballot Language:

The Highlander News Reformation (HNR) is an effort set forth by the Editorial Board of the Highlander Newspaper aimed at securing the funds needed to sustain and improve the services provided by the Highlander Newspaper in order to progress student life and the overall campus community. The proposed quarterly increase of $2.00 (including the summer), raising the total Highlander Newspaper Fee to $4.00 per quarter per undergraduate student, will allow for the formation of new jobs for students and the generation of more content important to the University of California, Riverside.

Yes, I do support the Highlander Newspaper Reformation Referendum fee increase.

No, I do not support the Highlander Newspaper Reformation Referendum fee increase.

Referendum — Student Voice Initiative

Ballot Language:

In the original Student Voice Initiative (SVI) referendum of 2011, .50 is allocated for dues to the University of California Student Association (UCSA), and .50 is allocated to the ASUCR V.P. of External Affairs budget to provide funding for students attending various UCSA conferences statewide. This amendment would allocate the entire amount ($1.00) for the conferences, thus removing the .50 allocation to UCSA. Justification for this is that UCSA currently has a .75 referendum in place in addition to the .50 from SVI.

YES, I support the reallocation of SVI funds as outlined above.

NO, I DO NOT support the reallocation of SVI funds as outlined above.

Constitutional Amendment — GCAP Director

Ballot Language:

ASUCR Constitutional Amendment, Article IV & Article IX: Do you support the addition of the Green Campus Action Plan (GCAP) Director to the ASUCR Executive Branch and adding the Green Campus Action Committee to the Committees Article?

Yes, I do support the addition of the Green Campus Action Plan Director to the ASUCR Executive Branch and including the Green Campus Action Committee in the Committees Article.

No, I do not support the addition of the Green Campus Action Plan Director to the ASUCR Executive Branch or including the Green Campus Action Committee in the Committees Article.

Constitutional Amendment — VP of Finance

Ballot Language:

ASUCR Constitutional Amendment, Article IV and Article VII: Do you support making the Vice President of Finance a generally elected position, replacing the current appointment process?

YES. I do support making the Vice President of Finance a generally elected position, replacing the current appointment process.

NO. I do not support making the Vice President of Finance a generally elected position, replacing the current appointment process.

Constitutional Amendment — General Revisions   

Ballot Language:

Do you support the updates, corrections and changes made to the ASUCR Constitution as noted in the attached document?

YES, I support the updates, corrections and changes to the ASUCR Constitution

NO, I do not support the updates, corrections and changes to the ASUCR Constitution