Clothes - Courtesy of Pexels
Clothes – Courtesy of Pexels

With the popularization of thrifting via TikTok, many people may find themselves wondering where are the best places to shop second hand near campus? Here is a list of some of the nicest, band for your buck thrift stores around UCR. 

Goodwill – 6086 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92508

New to thrifting, Goodwill is your perfect introduction to shopping second hand. Goodwill is one of the most popular thrift stores in the country, and although the prices have increased slightly over the years, it is still a wonderful thrift store filled with impeccable deals on clothes, shoes, books, furniture, and anything your heart desires. 

Salvation Army – 10020 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA, 92503

Salvation Army, very similar to Goodwill, has shelves chocked full of anything you can think of. Their extremely broad selection, coupled with their half-price Wednesdays makes Salvation Army quite the bang for your buck.

Set Free – 3021 14th St, Riverside, CA 92507 

A local shop, Set Free thrift has a little bit of everything. Set Free is a little on the smaller side of thrift stores, but has a surprisingly good selection of high quality items for extremely low prices. 

These are just three of the dozens of wonderful places for you to thrift from around campus. Shopping second hand is the most environmentally friendly way to participate in consumer culture. By spending time showering thrift stores not only are you saving the environment and your money, but you’re also creating a one-of-a-kind wardrobe filled with items unique to you. Thrifting is like recycling clothes, and who knows, you might create your dream wardrobe.