Fire Signs: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius

You may think that being a fire sign is completely self-explanatory. In some ways, that’s true. Fire signs express passion and tend to be more temperamental. Wild, even. Fire signs require careful companionship and support, so they don’t burn out. They also tend to be creative individuals and can get in touch with their emotions through creative or nontraditional methods. A fire sign also indicates a natural affinity for leadership, although each sign tends to follow different paths to get there.

Earth Signs: Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn

Earth signs are steady. They are the unmoving ground beneath your feet and the people you can count on. A person is only as good as their word, and Earth signs keep their promises in spades. Earth signs are inherently logical and goal-oriented. It can be their weakness to miss intricacies along the way because they focus on the end product. Surprisingly, earth signs are sometimes seen as materialistic. However, they also put a high value on security, whether it be financial or emotional.

Air Signs: Gemini, Libra and Aquarius

Air signs’ thoughts move fast, and they tend to be thinking of a million things a minute. They have a strong attraction to abstract thinking. Their brains work in intricate ways, pulling things apart, analyzing them, and putting all the pieces back together again. They are curious beings, constantly winding their way through different ideas and information. Less focused on an end to the journey, they don’t really see one. Air signs are consumed with the now and the factors they see around themselves at the moment. There’s too much to be delved into to focus on an arbitrary endpoint.

Water Signs: Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces

Water signs are the dreamy ones. Like fire signs, they have stronger emotional instincts. However, in direct contrast, they tend to filter themselves more toward flexibility and understanding rather than fiery passion. Water signs show a sense of fluidity in their affairs and a willingness to be flexible. Compassion is big for water signs. They do tend to be fluid in their own emotions, though as well, sliding from mood to mood with ease. Sensitivity makes them feel things deeply, and the pain of themselves and others resonates deeply.