This tangerine marmalade only takes two ingredients and makes a great, cheap, and homemade gift!

Ingredients:

14-16 tangerines (can swap with 5 oranges)

1.5 cups sugar

Gather approximately 3-4 empty, clean jars. If you reuse old jars (from pasta sauce, jam, etc.), make sure to really clean them out by letting them soak in a bath of vinegar and thoroughly washing them. 

Put a plate in the freezer (to use later on in the process). Wash your produce thoroughly (as you will be using both the insides and the peels) and remove any leaves or stems. Boil a pot of water and drop the tangerines in. Let come to a boil again and cook for 30 minutes. Drain the tangerines and let fully cool.

Cut each tangerine into 6-8 slices and remove any seeds. The fruit will be mushy, so make sure you use a sharp enough knife. Do not remove the peels. Use either a stand mixer or blender to puree the tangerines to your desired consistency. I would recommend a coarse, but uniform, grain.

Transfer into a saucepan and mix in the sugar. Cook on medium heat for 40-50 while stirring constantly; otherwise it will stick to the bottom of the pan and burn. When the marmalade begins to thicken, perform the marmalade test. Drop a teaspoon of the marmalade onto your cold plate and tilt it to the side; if the marmalade stays put or slides slowly, it is ready, but if it slides quickly, it needs more time to cook.

While the marmalade is still hot, fill up your jars. Flip them upside down and let them cool overnight. Once opened, store in the fridge. The marmalade will last for up to 3 months.