April 16, 2013
Rebels 24 – Highlanders 11

The Highlanders came into Tuesday’s action against the Las Vegas Rebels as winners of 11-straight games at home, but fell to the Rebels 24-11. The team remains tied in the record books with the 1995 and 2003 teams for the most consecutive wins at home.

Center fielder Devyn Bolasky and second baseman Nick Vilter led UCR with three hits

each, while Francisco Tellez led the team with three RBIs in what was a productive offensive day for the Highlanders. However, they would be overshadowed because the Rebels did more damage against the Highlander pitching as shortstop T.J. White had seven hits and knocked in six runs. First baseman Patrick Armstrong recorded four hits and four RBIs for the Rebels.

The Highlanders scored the first run of the contest when Joe Chavez scored on a passed ball after he received a walk to start the first inning.

The Rebels would bring in three runs against starting pitcher Donovan Gonzales in the third with three straight singles, a sacrifice fly and a fielder’s choice.

After taking the lead back in the bottom of the third, the Highlanders gave up six runs in the fourth inning and the Rebels continued the attack with seven more runs in the fifth to knock UCR’s pitching around.

Although the Highlanders managed to score runs the rest of the way, the deficit proved too much as the Rebels cruised to an easy 24-11 victory. Riverside’s pitching gave up the most hits since 2002 and now have fallen to 17-15 overall on the season.

April 19, 2013
Aggies 4 – Highlanders 3

UC Riverside traveled to UC Davis for a Big West Conference series and dropped the first game 4-3 to the Aggies. Clayton Prestridge led the Highlanders with two hits, while David Andriese knocked in two runs for the team. John Williams collected three hits for the Aggies.

Highlander Francisco Tellez extended his nine-game hitting streak to 10 with a single in the first inning while Prestridge also singled in the first to extend his own hitting streak to 12.

Riverside would take a 2-0 lead in the third inning, when Tellez reached on a fielder’s choice and would later score on an Andriese single.

The Aggies would tie the game 2-2 in the third inning after a wild pitch allowed Adam Young to score and then John Williams tagged home on a sacrifice fly by Nick Lynch.

Joe Chavez drew a walk in the fourth and scored on a double to left by Nick Vilter, as the hot Highlander offense took back the lead at 3-2.

Adam Young would get the best of Highlander pitcher Dylan Stuart in the sixth inning, as he punched a single through the right side to give the Aggies a 4-3 lead.

After this loss, the Highlanders earned their tenth straight Big West defeat on the road.

April 20, 2013
Aggies 7 – Highlanders 4

After losing a close first game to the Aggies, the Highlanders fell 7-4 to Davis due to clutch hitting by the Aggies late in the game. Clayton Prestridge continued his hot hitting with three more hits, and Nick Vilter also picked up two hits and an RBI.

David Andriese knocked in the first run of the game in the first inning when he lined out to score Francisco Tellez. In the second inning Adam Young drove in a run, tying the game up at 1-1 for Aggies.

UC Davis would score two runs in the fifth inning. Three innings later, Nick Vilter would score in the eighth after a sacrifice fly to cut the lead to one 4-3.

Steve Patterson would scorch a three-run homer in the eighth inning, sealing the game for the Aggies. Although Vilter knocked in a run in the ninth, it wasn’t enough as the Highlanders dropped their second straight game.

April 21, 2013
Aggies 19 – Highlanders 8

The Highlanders looked to take the final game of a three-game set against UC Davis after losing two straight, but were hit hard by the Aggies, losing 19-8. Mark Garcia pitched just three and two-thirds innings for Riverside, allowing seven runs on 10 hits.

Bart Steponovich had three hits for the Highlanders and David Andriese continued his big weekend with two more RBIs. The first inning started well for the Highlander offense as Clayton Prestridge singled and Andriese drove in a run to take an early 2-0 lead.

A balk and a Paul Politi home run in the bottom of the second inning proved to be tough for UCR as the Aggies plated five runs in the inning to take a 7-2 lead. The Highlanders would score twice in the third, but the Aggies would come right back in the fourth and extend the lead to 10-4.

The game would get out of hand as the Aggies kept their scoring up and added nine more runs before it was over, including a four-run inning in the seventh. The Highlanders couldn’t manage to sneak back into the game as they scored just one run in the ninth inning.