UC Riverside showcased an impressive performance on the basketball court, dominating their recent matchup with a remarkable display of skill and teamwork. The Highlanders were in top form, setting records and securing a convincing victory that left fans and spectators in awe.

Right from the tip-off, UC Riverside demonstrated their prowess, sinking baskets with ease. The team’s early success was evident as they shot an impressive 5 for 6, quickly establishing a 21-16 lead. A pivotal moment in the game came with a sensational 6-0 run, highlighted by three consecutive 3-pointers from Vladimer Salaridze, Isaiah Moses and Nate Pickens.

Salaridze emerged as a key player for the Highlanders in the first half, contributing a game-high eight points. The bench played a crucial role, with UC Riverside gaining a significant advantage of 17-9 in bench points at halftime. Moses, despite missing a jumper, showcased resilience as Salaridze grabbed the offensive rebound, setting the stage for Moses’ redemption and a 15-11 lead just before a media break.

The momentum carried into the second half, with Moses and Kyle Owens initiating a back-to-back triple assault during a 10-2 run that extended from late in the first half. Moses continued to shine, hitting the 14th three of the night and surpassing 20 points for the fourth time this season. The Highlanders’ shooting prowess was on full display in the second half, with a remarkable 51.6% shooting percentage and 12 successful 3-pointers after halftime.

Contributions from the bench were instrumental to UC Riverside’s success, with Salaridze leading the reserves with 11 points. The Highlanders held a commanding 26-11 edge in bench points, showcasing the team’s depth and versatility. Kaleb Smith, earning his second start in three games, made an impact with a steal that paved the way for Moses’ second 3-pointer of the night, extending the lead to 44-30.

The game’s statistical highlights painted a picture of UC Riverside’s exceptional performance. The team set a new Big West single-game program record with a season-high 17 3-pointers. Defensively, they held CSUN to a mere 36.7% shooting, marking the lowest for a Highlander opponent in Big West play during the season.

UC Riverside’s dominance extended beyond the offensive showcase. The team won the turnover battle for the seventh time in their last 10 games, showcasing their defensive prowess. Additionally, the Highlanders secured at least 40 rebounds for the seventh time this season, underscoring their control of the boards. The team’s success was further highlighted by an unblemished 8-0 record when leading at the 5:00 mark of the second half.

mbb courtesy of ucr athletics

Individually, Isaiah Moses etched his name in the record books with a stellar performance. Setting a new career high, Moses scored 30 points on an efficient 10-of-18 shooting. The Alaska native’s seven three-pointers in a single game mirrored a feat achieved by Flynn Cameron last season, further solidifying Moses’ status as a key star for the Highlanders.

Looking ahead, UC Riverside’s next challenge awaits on Thursday, Jan. 25, with a 7:00 p.m. tipoff at UC San Diego. The team will aim to carry the momentum from their recent triumph and continue their impressive run, seeking further success in the competitive landscape of college basketball. As fans eagerly anticipate the next matchup, the Highlanders have undoubtedly left an indelible mark with their record-setting performance and cohesive teamwork on the court.