We all have crushes, fantasies, romances and daydreams. You can say that you don’t but, deep down, we at Features are pretty sure that most of you hold secret feelings for someone, somewhere out there. In this new column titled, “UCR In Love,” we enable you ardent readers to express your undying love to anyone on campus in the form of a love letter. This way, your most dire secrets will finally be unleashed to the world (anonymously, if you choose), preventing you hopeless romantics out there from drowning in that overflowing pool of adoration for that one special UCR sweetheart.

[pullquote]Admirer: Nestor Vega, third-year at Cal State University, San Marcos[/pullquote]

“To the love of my life:

I woke up in the middle of the night just a few nights ago. I had the craziest dream. I kept telling you that I loved you while you were in between my arms and you told me you loved me too. I hugged you tight, closed my eyes and when I opened them, I was alone in the dark. I looked around and all I could see was darkness. What made me panic wasn’t that I didn’t have a sense of direction or that I couldn’t feel anything around me, but that you weren’t there and I couldn’t find you. I stayed awake for hours and in the morning, I texted you with heart and kiss emojis because I didn’t have the courage to tell you what I dreamt. It was my worst nightmare and to be honest, it makes me get chills thinking of it all over. I know we have problems. I know we sometimes argue and we aren’t necessarily okay with each other. But please, listen. I love you. Meeting you was the best thing that could have happened to me. You made me realize what love really feels like. I have fallen in love so many times with you. I fall in love with you every time you sing and every time you do dorky things with me. I fall in love every time you laugh at me being dumb like the time I joked about thinking I was going to die because of that black ball I saw in my eye while I looked at the sky and you laughed so hard you almost cried. I fall in love every time you persuade me to double think my food choices just so you can pick at it. I fall in love every time we’re in silence and you look at me and smile. How you pass your fingers through my hair and don’t say a word. You made me fall for you thousands of times and you don’t even know it. It’s impossible to picture my life without you. I don’t want to anyway. Some people go through an entire lifetime without finding true love. I find it every time I look at you. I will always love you Vanessa Penaloza. I will always love you no matter what happens. Someday in the future I hope to have the same nightmare I had so I can open my eyes and find you laying down next to me. I may not be the perfect boyfriend. I may not do things right all the time. But this … this is for you. The most beautiful girl on the planet. The love of my life.

~Your Boyfriend”

Vanessa Penaloza is a student at UCR.

Have a love letter you would like your admired one to read? Send it over to features@highlandernews.org for a chance to get it published in one of our future issues. You can choose to keep yourself anonymous as well if you don’t want your beloved to know about your utmost classified amour.