The NBA preseason games are almost over and we are approaching the 2012-2013 season. The preseason has given us a great feel of how the NBA season will be like this upcoming season. Since the end of the the NBA finals, a lot has changed, from the New Jersey Nets becoming the Brooklyn Nets to Dwight Howard and Steve Nash joining the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Brooklyn Nets have a new logo for their identification. However, the new logo doesn’t sit well in my opinion. I felt the organization could have come up with something better, maybe showing the word Brooklyn in the logo instead of the word “Nets” to signify the change of cities.

One offseason move that seemed productive was the trade for Howard and after the Lakers required Nash. With Howard in the paint and Nash along with Kobe at the guard positions, the Lakers could see themselves in the NBA Finals this year.

Next, you have the possible return of Derrick Rose—if he chooses to come back. Derrick Rose tore his ACL and is scheduled to return 8-12 months. Talk around the league is questioning whether Rose should even come back this season with that type of injury.

Finally, we must ask ourselves what the NBA will look like in a few years once all the great players like Dirk Nowitzki and Kobe Bryant retire. Kobe has said that he might retire after his contract is up in 2014. There is speculation that the Los Angeles Lakers will pursue Lebron James in a couple of years if he chooses to opt out of his contract in the 2013-14 season. The Lakers would potentially have the salary-cap space to offer James a maximum deal should Kobe Bryant follow through with his plans.

Regardless of what happens in the future, I cannot wait for the season to begin and finally see the greatest athletes compete for NBA championship.