Sometimes on days when I have nothing else to do, I love to make cookies. Whether it be cookies from a pre-made mix or something off of the internet, it’s my favorite thing to do when I am bored. Lately, my favorite cookies to make have been brown butter chocolate chip cookies, and this simple yet delicious cookie was the best I’ve eaten. Try baking these with a friend, or put on a Netflix show and bake these by yourself 一 you won’t be disappointed.

BROWN BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Start to finish: 2 hours 30 minutes

Servings: 24-36 cookies

2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

1 cup unsalted butter

1 ½ cup packed dark brown sugar

¼ cup granulated sugar

1 large egg and 1 additional egg yolk, room temperature

1 tablespoon vanilla extract 

1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt

¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

¾ cup milk chocolate chips

Sea salt for sprinkling on top (optional)

Add butter to a large saucepan over medium heat. As the butter foams, whisk constantly. Continue to whisk, and remove from heat as soon as the butter browns. Immediately transfer to a medium bowl, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. 

Mix the brown butter and sugar until well combined. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla and yogurt until combined.

In a separate large bowl, combine the baking soda, flour and salt. Slowly whisk in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just combined. Add chocolate chips until it is incorporated into the dough.

Chill the dough for 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll 2 tablespoons of chilled dough into balls, and place them 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.

Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. It is okay if they look a bit underdone — they will continue to cook outside of the oven. 

Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes, and sprinkle with sea salt (optional).

Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.