Toast is one of the most versatile foods. From peanut butter to actual butter, you can literally put anything on toast. Here are a few recipes to spice up your toast: 

RICOTTA TOAST WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES, CRUSHED BASIL, AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR 

Start to finish: 20 min

Serving Size: 1 

1 slice of Sourdough bread 

Ricotta Cheese 

Cherry Tomatoes 

Crushed Basil 

Balsamic Vinegar 

Olive Oil

Salt, to taste 

Ricotta cheese is the perfect base layer for any toast recipe. Start by coating the cherry tomatoes in olive oil and salt, roasting them at 400 degrees F for 15 min. Then, toast your sliced bread until it’s golden brown. Spread a layer of ricotta cheese onto the bread. Then, top the toast off with cherry tomatoes, crushed basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Slice your toast in half and enjoy. 

PESTO AND ROASTED TOMATO TOPPED WITH MOZZARELLA AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR

Start to finish: 20 min

Serving Size: 1 

1 slice of Sourdough bread 

Pesto 

Roasted cherry tomatoes

Mozzarella cheese 

Balsamic vinegar 

Olive Oil

Garlic

This is the perfect recipe for a way to use some of those leftover roasted cherry tomatoes. Start by toasting some sourdough bread in a pan with olive oil and garlic. Spread some pesto on top of the toast. Place some roasted tomatoes and mozzarella cheese onto the toast, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. 

AVOCADO TOAST TOPPED WITH A FRIED EGG, AND EVERYTHING BUT THE BAGEL SEASONING

Start to finish: 10 min

Serving Size: 1 

1 slice of Sourdough bread 

1 Avocado 

Olive oil 

1 egg 

Salt and pepper, to taste 

Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning 

Avocado toast is truly a staple and with good reason. Start by frying an egg sunny side up, and season the egg with salt and pepper. Toast some sourdough bread in the same pan where the egg was cooked. Slice the avocado, and place it on top of the toast. Then, place the egg on top of the avocado, and sprinkle some everything but the bagel seasoning on top. 

APPLE AND BRIE TOAST TOPPED OFF WITH CANDIED WALNUTS AND MAPLE SYRUP 

Start to finish: 5 min

Serving Size: 1 

1 slice of Sourdough bread 

1 Apple 

Brie cheese 

Candied walnuts 

Maple syrup

Looking for something sweet and creamy? This is the perfect toast to try. Start off by thinly slicing an apple then spreading brie cheese on some toasted sourdough bread. Place the apples over top of the brie, and sprinkle candied walnuts on top. Finally, drizzle some maple syrup over the toast and enjoy. 

PEANUT BUTTER TOAST WITH STRAWBERRIES AND CHOCOLATE CHIPS

Start to finish: 10 min

Serving Size: 1

1 slice of Sourdough bread 

Peanut butter

Sliced strawberries

Chocolate chips 

Peanut butter and strawberries are the perfect pairings. Start by toasting some sourdough bread. Then, spread a layer of peanut butter. Quarter slice some strawberries, place them on top of the toast, sprinkle some chocolate chips on top and enjoy.