Cookie butter has possibly become a must-try flavor in 2022. From churro flavors to rich lattes, cookie butter is sure to take over your pantry this year. This simple cookie butter cookie recipe is perfect for those days where you want something sweet but also easy to make to fulfill that craving. 

COOKIE BUTTER COOKIES

Preparation Time: 1 hour and 40 min

Servings: 15 cookies 

Ingredients: 

1/2 cup of all-purpose flour 

1/2 teaspoon of baking powder 

1 teaspoon of cinnamon 

Pinch of salt

1/2 cup of unsalted butter

1 cup of light brown sugar 

1 cup of cookie butter spread (the Trader Joe’s version or the Biscoff brand can be used)

1 large egg 

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 

First, sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Sifting the dry ingredients will give you a smoother mixture for the cookie dough. Then, set the mixture aside. 

In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter together. Use a whisk or a hand-held mixer for an easier mixing process. The result should be like a paste. Make sure to scrape down the sides of your bowl to gather the mixture. Then, add the cookie butter spread and mix until fully incorporated. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until fully incorporated as well. 

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients (do not pour all of it in at once). The dough will be sticky and a bit runny. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and chill it in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour. 

Preheat oven to 350 F (if you’re using a convection oven, preheat it to 325 F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and take the dough out of the fridge. Roll the dough into 15 small balls (make sure to not add too much dough!), leaving about 1-2 inches of space around each cookie. Do not flatten the dough since the cookies will expand on their own. 

Bake the cookies for 10-11 minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned. Remove cookies from the oven, and let them chill for 5-10 minutes. The cookies should be crumbly on the outside and have a soft interior for a chewy finish. Serve and enjoy at your heart’s desire!