Highlander Bus - Ashley Chen / The Highlander
Highlander Bus – Ashley Chen / The Highlander

As we kick off the spring quarter in person, many new on-campus organizations are on the hunt to recruit potential new members. One of these organizations is the Highlander Business Society. 

HBS is the newest on-campus business organization dedicated to helping students pursue a career in business. Members are able to attend meetings, workshops and socials in order to build on their resumes and connect with other like-minded individuals. The organization’s goal is to create a community of individuals who are driven to nurture the next generation of business leaders. 

“I love how HBS cultivates a supporting community with highly driven peers that provides students with the necessary resources and guidance to be successful in the business world. If anyone is feeling lost or doesn’t know how to start their career, HBS is the perfect place to help you,” stated fourth-year co-president, Emily Sim.

In HBS, members will be able to work in all corners of business, some of which include Business Consulting, Marketing, Finance and and Management. Some of these members have previously worked with 3 of the 4 biggest accounting firms including Target, Wish, Amazon, Deloitte, PwC, Salesforce, Ernst & Young and Twitter.

Not only is HBS dedicated towards empowering personal and professional growth, but the organization has contributed to the UCR community in many ways. They have previously held many fundraising events, assembled COVID-19 care packages for the Path of Life Organization in Riverside and participated in UCR’s Involvement Fair. 

For more information on what HBS has to offer and upcoming meetings and events, visit their Instagram page @hbsucr!