Looking for a new place to eat around campus? The long awaited Halal Guys is finally open. Located on 1201 University Ave STE 102, Riverside, CA 92507 right next to 7 Leaves, The Halal Guys is a New York franchise that sells American Halal food. From chicken and gyro over rice to falafel sandwiches, The Halal Guys provides a unique experience for customers to enjoy! They are most famously known for their delicious and crave-able white sauce.

The Halal Guys first originated as a fast food cart on the streets of New York City where three like-minded men from Egypt came together in search for a better life. Their first food cart quickly grew into a leading destination for American Halal fare. In 2014, The Halal Guys finally transitioned from selling their halal cuisine in food carts to restaurants. There are now more than 100 locations across the United States, Canada, Indonesia, South Korea and the United Kingdom.

The Halal Guys finally had their grand opening on December 16, 2022 where hundreds of Halal Guys fans attended. I had the opportunity to try their chicken platter at one of their franchise locations and it was very fulfilling if you’re looking for a quick meal! The chicken platter was served with sliced naan, rice, chicken, tomatoes and lettuce, along with their famous white and hot sauce. The chicken platter had just the right amount of ingredients as you get a bite of everything. I asked for extra white sauce since it tasted so well with my platter as it brought everything together in one bite.

The Halal Guys is open everyday from 10 A.M. to 10 P.M. and 10 A.M. to 11 P.M. on Saturdays. For more information, check out their Instagram @thehalalguysriverside or visit their website https://thehalalguys.com