Choosing the ideal location for the first date is a nerve-wracking experience. The right place can make or break the entire outing. While most people’s go-to locations involve places such as coffee shops, bowling alleys or movie theatres, there are better places out there. There needs to be a little sparkle, something out of the ordinary, to make a memorable first impression. That is why Quiznos is a completely acceptable location for a first date.

Starting with the atmosphere, Quiznos sets the standards. First dates should not feel overtly intimidating or structured. Quiznos is a bit more laid-back, a casual setting where people can get the time to enjoy a sandwich and get to know the other person a little better. There is no better way to get to know someone than by learning about their dietary preferences. Quiznos’ menu accommodates everyone, whether a person is vegan, a meat lover or just has allergies that need to be watched out for. Not to mention, it is fairly affordable, meaning that the first date is not a financial burden, something that both parties can enjoy.

There are endless possibilities for a sandwich shop first date. The music is a vibe, there’s a steady flow of traffic and there is never a dull moment. It is a peaceful location where not many things can go wrong. Emphasis is placed on the quality of the interaction between the two people rather than the quality of the location they meet. Not only that, the unexpectedness of meeting at Quiznos creates a lasting impression. It can also be used as a future inside joke or a memorable experience to reminisce on.

The main reason Quiznos is an acceptable first-date location is because the positives outweigh the negatives. If the date goes wrong, at least there is a sandwich on hand. If the date is a creep, at least they are in a public space where they can call for help. If the date is going great, it’s possible to relocate to another location to continue the day after getting to know one another better. The options are endless; after getting into a good conversation, one can also begin to establish expectations for the date and understand the other person’s wants, finding out if they are compatible with one another.

The bar is set with Quiznos and the only place left to go is up. Now that the first date is overcome, there is only room for improvement. Using the time at Quiznos to get to know the other person’s interests is a fool-proof tactic. All that newfound information can now be used to make other successful dates. Quiznos is not the end-all-be-all part of the relationship; it is just the stepping stone to prepare. One can use all the facts one has gathered, dietary preferences, conversational topics, expectations for dates and relationships to do better next time.