Adriana Mandujano Angel /HIGHLANDER

Growing up my mother would make us breakfast burritos when she had the time. Bean, egg and cheese, or ham, egg and cheese and my favorite, chorizo, egg and cheese. Despite loving chorizo, I was constantly put off by the texture and the fact it consisted of mushed up animal byproducts. I stopped eating chorizo in my teen years and avoided the kitchen whenever my mom would make it. Up until recently when I went on a trip to the grocery store I stared at the chorizo section and discovered soyrizo. When I got home I made a quick breakfast burrito and enjoyed every bite of it. 

To begin making your own you will need: 

1 package of soyrizo (I found mine at WinCo Foods) 

2 eggs

1 tablespoon sour cream

Cheese (I used a pepper jack and mozzarella blend) 

2 mini flour tortillas

A pinch of salt and pepper

Steps:

1. Set your pan on medium heat and take 1/4 cup of soyrizo and stir for 3 to 5 minutes.

1. After you will crack two eggs inside the pan (or scramble in a bowl beforehand) and keep mixing for another 3 to 5 minutes until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. 
  2. Turn the pan off and sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese on top. Let that sit while you warm up your flour tortillas. 
  3. Once both sides of your tortillas are brown, add a tablespoon of sour cream to the tortilla and half of the soyrizo and egg mix. 
  4. Wrap and repeat for the rest of the soyrizo and egg mix. Once they are wrapped they are ready to enjoy; however, if you enjoy a crispy tortilla like me, I usually set my burritos on the pan to crisp up while I clean up.