The R’Professional Career Closet has reopened this fall after being closed due to COVID-19 and during the summer. This program benefits students by providing them with professional attire at no cost. 

The R’Professional Career Closet is open during the academic year and available to current UCR students. Students must bring their R’Card and can select one outfit or three items per quarter. The R’Professional Career Closet can help nervous students tie a tie if they have never done so before, along with other services. There is no cost to students for the program. 

Their mission statement reads: “At the University of California, Riverside, and at the heart of the Career Center, is career readiness. Our mission is to connect, inspire and empower UCR students to become the most career-ready talent in the global workforce.”

This program was created to help motivate students in need of professional attire for interviews or networking events. They strive to “prepare UCR students to be competitive as they transition from education to employment by eliminating any and all barriers.”

This program is especially beneficial to students who do not have the means to purchase a new business outfit or may just not know how to dress or prepare for an interview. 

Donations are also welcome at the R’Professional Career Closet. Donations should be gently-used business or business-casual attire. There should be no stains or holes, and the clothing should follow current fashion trends. Two-piece suits, jackets, blazers, dress shirts, blouses, trousers and business dresses are common donation items. 

To donate, sign up for an upcoming donation drive or schedule by appointment only with one of the R’Professional Career Closet interns. This can be done through the Community Partner Donation Request Form

Students wishing to utilize the R’Professional Career Closet can visit it at The Bear’s Den in HUB 105 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Thursdays. 

For more information, contact rprofessionalcareercloset@gmail.com.