Coming up with a unique halloween costume can seem daunting. But with this list, you’ll be the best dressed at the function.

1. Lizzie McGuire – Whip out your butterfly clips and low-rise jeans, because the 2000s is back. This is a super easy character to replicate from your own closet; pick out any brightly colored tee and mismatched pants, and voila. The trick for this one is in the stylized hair and makeup.
  2. Lizzo – If you’re willing to carry around a flute all night, consider dressing up as one of this generation’s best pop artists. From her tiny purse outfit for the American Music Awards to her sparkly blue leotard in her About Damn Time music video, Lizzo has so many recognizable outfits to recreate.
  3. Vector from “Despicable Me” – All this costume takes is an orange jumpsuit and some oversized glasses. Bonus points if you commit to a brunette bowl cut as well.
  4. Evelyn Hugo – If you’ve been on BookTok in the past year, you know that The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo has been all the rage. If you can somehow find a floor length emerald green silk dress that looks like the one on the cover of the book, this costume is for you.
  5. Keeley and Roy from Ted Lasso – Instead of dressing up as the loveable coach armed with biscuits, consider making your couples costume this year inspired by the best slow-burn tv romance to ever exist. All you need is a blonde high ponytail and a very grumpy expression.
  6. The Breakfast Club – This is a great low-effort group costume for you and your four friends. To make it even more fun, assign your guys’ personalities to the criminal, the princess, the brain, the athlete and the empty basket case. If you have another friend who wants to join, have them be the principal!
  7. Alice from Don’t Worry Darling – Although this one might be a bit more basic, I think it deserves its place on the list because of how iconic it would be. All you need is a classic 50s outfit finished with a tiny black velvet bow. Don’t forget to top off your outfit with a handful of empty eggshells.
  8. Ouija Board – If you procrastinated planning a costume, but still want to stand out, this one’s for you. Wear any black clothing you have from your closet and do a ouija board inspired makeup look on your face or collarbone.
  9. Sharpay from High School Musical – Here’s another 2000s inspired look that works for any one who loves pink. Accessorize with some serious bling and oversized sunglasses and you’re set!
  10. Pleakley’s Human Disguise from Lilo and Stitch – If you wish to truly stand out, I assure you that no one else will show up to the party in olive green body paint, exaggerated makeup, and a flower dress. Even better if you make your significant other be Jumba.

No matter how you dress up, have a Happy Halloween Highlanders! Good luck costume planning!