Last spring, I was clueless to the fact that one of my friends developed a crush on me (and that I was crushing back). Here’s a quick quiz to help you figure it out quicker than I did.
1) When they call you while you’re doing nothing, do you:
- Immediately pick up the phone and chat for hours.
- Pick up the phone, talk for a minute, and then hang up.
- Text them asking why they called.
- Pretend like it never happened.
2) If you were to crash on their couch overnight, would they:
- Wake you up with the smell of fresh-baked pastries.
- Give you a blanket and pillow.
- Tell you where the bathroom is.
- Watch you while you sleep.
3) You watch a movie on your couch with this person. Do you:
- Cuddle and have a popcorn fight.
- Keep scooting away from them on the couch.
- Critically analyze the movie afterwards.
- Fall asleep.
4) It’s this person’s birthday. Do you:
- Make them cookies from scratch.
- Buy them a card.
- Text them happy birthday.
- Forget about it entirely.
5) If this person bought you matching build-a-bears, would you
- Think it’s adorable and put it on your bed.
- Graciously accept the gift and shove it into the back of your closet.
- Ask if they kept the receipt.
- Rip the bear to shreds.
If you answered mostly A: You guys are basically already dating at this point. Please ask this person out because you are definitely already in love with each other.
If you answered mostly B: They like you, but do you like them? They’ve probably fallen for you, but do you get butterflies around them?
If you answered mostly C: You’re probably just friends, but that’s okay! The more friends the merrier.
If you answered mostly D: This person is definitely showing signs that are red flags.