Whether you’re a devoted matcha enthusiast or a curious newcomer, welcome. Regardless of your current stance on matcha, I guarantee that if you follow each step of this recipe, that first sip will be heavenly. This beverage offers a refreshing, visually captivating experience with its smooth, earthy flavor and a gently sweet aroma imbued with the serenity of lavender syrup. What’s more, as your own barista, you have the power to tailor this drink to your exact preferences. As a fellow matcha lover, my goal is to make it accessible to everyone. Therefore, I’ll provide variations suitable for dorm students or apartments, whether on or off-campus.

Lavender Matcha Recipe:

Ingredients:

– One Teaspoon of Matcha (adjust quantity to your taste)

– One Tablespoon of lukewarm water

– Dollop of sugar or honey (to your liking)

– One pump of Lavender Syrup

– Oat milk (can be changed to preference)

– Ice (optional)

Materials Needed:

– Beginner Friendly Matcha (recommended) – Rishi Tea Everyday Matcha

– Frother or bottle shaker

– Glass cup

Instructions:

1. Begin by sifting the matcha into a bowl to ensure there are no clumps.
  2. Pour one tablespoon of lukewarm water into the bowl with the sifted matcha. 
  3. Use a frother or a bottle shaker to froth the matcha until it creates visible bubbles. This step is crucial for achieving that creamy texture.
  4. In a glass cup, add one pump of lavender syrup. Adjust the quantity to your preference if you’d like a stronger or lighter lavender flavor.
  5. Pour in your choice of oat milk to the glass cup, leaving some space at the top for the matcha mixture.
  6. Gently pour the frothed matcha over the oat milk into the glass. You can adjust the ratio of matcha to oat milk to suit your taste. 
  7. Add a dollop of sugar or honey to your liking, depending on your desired level of sweetness. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
  8. If you prefer your Lavender Matcha cold, you can add ice to the glass. 
  9. Stir again, ensuring all the flavors are well incorporated.
  10. Take a moment to appreciate the visually captivating drink you’ve created, and then enjoy your refreshing, homemade Lavender Matcha!

This simplified recipe is perfect for students and anyone short on time or without access to a kitchen, allowing them to savor the delightful combination of matcha and lavender syrup in just a few easy steps.

Elevating Your Lavender Matcha Recipe:

If you have access to a kitchen and more leisure time, you can take your Lavender Matcha to the next level by embracing traditional Japanese methods and enhancing the flavor and quality of your drink. Here’s how:

1. Japanese Matcha Set:

– Invest in a Japanese matcha set, which includes a bamboo whisk (chasen), a ceramic bowl (chawan), and a bamboo scoop (chashaku). This set allows for precise measurement, better whisking, and a more authentic preparation experience.

1. Ceremonial Matcha:

– Upgrade your matcha by using ceremonial-grade matcha powder. This higher-quality matcha offers a more refined taste and aroma, elevating the overall experience of your Lavender Matcha.

1. Homemade Lavender Syrup:

– Instead of store-bought syrup, make your own homemade lavender syrup for a truly unique flavor. Here’s how:

Ingredients for Lavender Syrup:

– 1 to 2 cups of water

– 2 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers

– 1 teaspoon of butterfly pea flower powder (for color)

– Desired amount of honey or sugar (for sweetness)

Instructions:

1. Bring 1 to 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
  2. Add 2 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers and 1 teaspoon of butterfly pea flower powder for a lovely blue hue.
  3. Allow the mixture to boil for a few minutes to infuse the flavors.
  4. Remove the saucepan from heat and strain the tea infusion into another bowl to remove any flower pieces.
  5. Pour the strained tea infusion back into the pan and add your desired amount of honey or sugar for sweetness.
  6. Stir until the sweetener is fully dissolved.
  7. Allow the lavender syrup to cool before transferring it to a glass jar. It can be stored for up to a month.