Whether you are simply looking for a dish to fulfill your sweet-tooth cravings or for an apple-filled dessert to make for your family dinner, this recipe will fulfill those needs. The perfect mix between the sweet and crunchy crust and the soft apples will be the perfect fall dessert for you to try out. This recipe is best accompanied by vanilla ice cream straight out of the oven in order to create the best hot and cold contrast between the desserts.
Here is what you’ll need to bake this apple crumble:
- Mixing bowl
- Cake mold
- Measuring cup or scale
- 150 grams of flour
- 130 grams of sugar
- 130 grams of butter
- 5 apples
- ½ lemon
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Add the flour, sugar, cinnamon and cubed room-temperature butter to the mixing bowl.
- Mix these ingredients together with your hands until the contents of the bowl have reached a dusty or fine consistency that clumps and sticks together easily.
- Peel and cut your apples into cubes and spread them out at the bottom of the buttered mold so as to fill it ¾ to the top.
- Squeeze half of a lemon on top of the apples. Feel free to add extra cinnamon during this step of the recipe.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on the apples by making clumps with your hands and/or spreading it out finely over the apples.
- Put your crumble in an oven heated at 410 F° or 210 C° for 30 minutes.
- Your apple crumble will be ready when the top is golden brown, and you smell the delicious smell of your freshly baked dessert emitting from the oven.
- Pair it with your favorite ice cream, serve warm, and enjoy!
This recipe only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 30 to bake and feeds four. It’s great for family dinners or Thanksgiving and is perfect for this fall weather. This crumble is simple to make and even easier to devour!