Donald Trump is a garbage person.

I don’t mean he is one of the hardworking Americans that collect refuse from various households; I mean that he is a person, only made of garbage. He mocks the disabled, accepts endorsements from members of the Ku Klux Klan and should have been launched into the sun long ago.

And you should totally vote for him.

Now I’m not saying that you should vote for him in the primaries, because there may still be time for one of the other GOP contenders to pass him, but that seems unlikely. Rather, I’m saying that in the general election between him and Hillary Clinton in November, Trump should get your vote (I know Bernie Sanders is cool and all, but smart money is on Clinton). I’m totally serious, I think a vote for Trump is a vote for a better, brighter future for our country. For as you see, Trump is more an ideal than a candidate, a political Ragnarok whose arrival harkens a shift in our voting system and American politics in general.

For one, Trump should never have gotten as far as he has. For the longest time, most presidential candidates had consisted of prominent senators, governors or members of the previous presidential cabinet, not some outsider. Now, this trend of inexperienced presidential candidates sort of started with Barack Obama and the fact that he was elected even though he was a new senator. However, Trump takes it a step further by only being a television personality and notable asshat, and nothing else. While there have been a few crazy people who made a few waves before fading into obscurity, Trump has made it further than anyone would have ever guessed. Even in the Republican primaries and caucuses, whose mid-March winner-take-all system is designed to weed out stragglers, Trump’s commanding leads mean he will likely continue to reap in delegates as the primary cycle moves away from second-pace Ted Cruz’s southern voter base.

If anything, Trump represents dissatisfaction with the exclusive club that American politics and voting has become.

He’s a product of the digital age, wherein angry and unsatisfied citizens can communicate and coordinate a grassroots movement to usher in their bellicose champion. And, while Trump’s primary success has been some indication, seeing him clinch the general election may make other politicians realize their ivory towers aren’t as safe anymore, and real voting reformation can begin. Even if that doesn’t happen, it can symbolize that popular personality without the backing of the government elite may have a chance.

He also has Republicans scared. Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan have both held off their endorsements, and some speculate they may do everything they can to prevent Trump from being nominated. Assuming Trump makes it, almost every member of Congress may hate the president. With their powers combined in their hatred of Trump, Congress may actually get some actual work done (This is called bipartisanship, something that used to exist.) Sure, there may be the usual bickering, but having a common foe may make Congress pass some actual laws, some of which may actually do some good — although they may still have to strong-arm Trump into signing legislation.

My only other hope is that if he becomes president, Trump may actually have some of his more harebrained ideas put into place. And while most sensible people may know they’re terrible, quite a few people think they might work. Approving them and seeing them can put an end to the endless debate.

Trump is pulling back on the rubber band of stupidity, and when it finally lets go our country will be launched into a brighter future. I think that’s worth a vote come November.