Highlander Newspaper Revitalization Referendum
Standing for 63 years as UC Riverside’s independent and student-run news source, The Highlander Newspaper has continually served as a critical source of unique and often vital information for students and the surrounding community. Yet, in a declining print media landscape where financial challenges continue to mount, the Highlander’s existence into the near future is at risk. In short: Your student paper needs your help. A $2.00 increase to the current quarterly fee of $2.00 (to be collected fall, winter, spring and summer quarters — effective starting fall 2017) will not only provide a remedy for rising print, maintenance and operating costs but will also serve you and the campus in the following areas:
- Expansion of jobs for students interested in journalism, marketing, media production, etc.
- The continuation of a weekly print and online publication
- Expanded multimedia coverage to provide accessible and critical information for the UCR student body, faculty and surrounding community
- Current and important news updates to keep you informed about your campus, administration and student life
YES, I do support the Highlander Newspaper Revitalization Referendum fee increase.
NO, I do not support the Highlander Newspaper Revitalization Referendum fee increase.
Do you support a $1.33 per quarter fee to be assessed to all graduate students in the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer quarters in order to implement the Graduate Student Sustainability Fund to enable graduate students and their organizations to promote sustainability on our campus through the distribution of Graduate Student Sustainability Grants? In turn, the GSA Sustainability Committee would have a working budget and the GSA Sustainability Liaison would have a yearly stipend currently equivalent to the Legislative Liaison.
- The fee will begin Fall Quarter of 2017.
- The fee will be collected during the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer Quarters.
- This fee will be run through the Graduate Student Association and not the Office of Sustainability.
- In accordance with campus policy, 25 percent of the fee ($0.333) will be returned to UC Riverside graduate students in the form of financial aid.
- After the return to aid, the remaining $0.997 will be used for the Graduate Student Sustainability Fund.
YES, I hereby support the Graduate Student Sustainability Fund at a $1.33 per quarter fee
NO, I hereby do not support the Graduate Student Sustainability Fund at a $1.33 per quarter fee
Amendment: Enhance the Election Process
Do you support the updates, corrections and changes made to the ASUCR Constitution as noted in the attached document?
Yes, I do support the updates, corrections and changes to the ASUCR Constitution.
No, I do not support the updates, corrections and changes to the ASUCR Constitution.
Amendment: GPA Requirement Change
Do you support the cumulative GPA requirement for all ASUCR representatives to change from 2.0 to 2.5?
Yes, I support the cumulative GPA requirement for all ASUCR representatives to change from 2.0 to 2.5.
No, I do not support the cumulative GPA requirement for all ASUCR representatives to change from 2.0 to 2.5.