Aries (March 21 – April 19): Two of Cups

Your freshman year will be about a partnership, Aries. It’s unclear if this unification will last beyond the next nine months of your life, but you will invest pieces of yourself into its survival. This relationship could even be described as codependent.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20): Queen of Cups

Taurus, in a shocking turn of events, you can expect emotional stability this year. Trust me, everyone is just as surprised as you are. Don’t let it go to your head.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20): Four of Cups

It’s time to reevaluate everything, Gemini… and I mean everything. That high school relationship you’re trying to make work long distance and the new haircut that you think makes you look older. Seriously, you still look like you’re in high school, and you need to embrace that.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22): Four of Wands

This year will be about building harmonious connections on campus while holding onto the ones at home. You’ll be the one going home every weekend because you miss your mom even though you were complaining about your family for months before you moved out.

Leo (July 23 – August 22): Ten of Swords

You’re going to be the freshman who is the drama, and everyone in your hall is going to be hanging on to every word. Hold your head up high and don’t let go of your dignity. Painful endings are necessary and will build up your tolerance for three more years of college.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22): Ace of Swords

Virgo, a series of events are going to bring you clarity. Right now, your judgment is clouded and you’re doing things that would have even the most delulu of people unable to justify it. Maybe listen to your friends when they tell you to stop chasing after that frat boy.

Libra (September 23 – October 22): Six of Wands

Freshman year is going to be your hero’s journey, Libra. Building that self-confidence you had beaten down in high school is going to be like a second job. Try not to be afraid of progress and moving forward or away from a comforting past.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): Queen of Swords

Scorpio, being direct is going to be a staple in your first year. A lot of people are going to be circumspect and roundabout, and you need to be straightforward if you don’t want to be fooled by them.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21): Queen of Pentacles

This year is all about the work. You need to be practical right now and there’s a lot of pressure on you. Lean on the people you know you can trust and go from there. When the time for that split second decision comes, stretch that second out for as long as you can.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19): Nine of Swords

You’re afraid, Capricorn. That’s understandable. Take comfort in the fact that this is a marathon, not a sprint. It won’t get that scary for another year at least.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18): Judgment

You’re starting over, Aquarius. It’s time to not only let go of the people and places you came from, but it’s time to let go of the person you were then. College is a chance to become a better person before you have to be a real adult, use it.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20): Six of Swords

You’re in the process of cutting off from your past. There’s some baggage following you around and you need to cut it off immediately. Whether it’s an ex-best friend or an ex who definitely should be obsessed with you, it’s only going to drag you backwards.